TABLE OF CONTENTS
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Documentation Control / Revision History:
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
Documentation Control / Revision History:
12Th Jan 2022
- SenseHawk Solutions
- Login Information
- SenseHawk Mobile App
- Introduction To SeseHawk Therm
- Key Concepts & Methodology
The features of a product or service can say a lot about its valuable benefits however, your end goal is always to solve a problem or meet a need with the product or service in hand. Let’s have a look at all that’s in it for:
A. Asset Manager
Digitalize & organize asset data and processes
Your asset generates a huge amount of data across the lifecycle - SCADA data, terrain maps, design documents, contracts, component information like serial numbers, warranty documents, site activity-related data, and more. Capturing, organizing, and storing this data to facilitate quick retrieval and advanced analytics is a challenge. SenseHawk tackles this challenge using a combination of drone data analytics and workflow applications Terra, Work, Files, and Senshawk App to capture and organize data around a Digital Twin of your solar asset. This mode of data collection and organization enables the creation of a solar plant's machine learning-based comprehensive performance models. The result - is considerable improvements in productivity and improvement in asset returns.
B. O&M Manager
Increase generation and manage plant health
A solar plant has many discrete components - panels, combiner boxes, and inverters that should ideally be monitored periodically for performance and health using thermography. But conducting thermography of so many discrete components, analyzing the data, acting on it effectively, and storing it to capture trends over time requires specialized software. SenseHawk applications Therm, Work, and Sensehawk App effectively address this problem for you. Our solutions enable you to:
● Process large number of thermal images easily
● Detect and classify hotspots automatically with AI algorithms
● Visualize hotspots on maps of the plant with overlaid string and table numbers
● Use App for investigation and for taking corrective actions on site
● Create work orders instantaneously from the field using Tasks
● Collaborate with multiple stakeholders seamlessly
● Analyze trends over time automatically
C. Land Developer & PV Engineer
Streamline land development
Sourcing, evaluating, and managing land parcels for solar projects is a cumbersome task. SenseHawk applications Terra, Files, and Sensehawk App help ease the burden. Our solutions enable you to:
● Manage all sites through an easy-to-use cloud-based GIS-enabled interface
● Visualize sites in low resolution (Google Maps) or high resolution (Drone Data)
● Measure site contours, levels, grading requirements, and hydrology characteristics
● Detect unique terrain features using AI-based analytics
● Capture land documents and other sites related information tagged to site features
● Use App to view a site on a mobile device, add comments, capture additional pictures &
features of the site while walking on your site
● Share site information seamlessly with design teams, contractors, and lenders through a
D. Project Manager
Manage construction more effectively
As a construction manager, keeping track of progress and construction quality across a large solar site spanning hundreds of hectares is daunting. SenseHawk applications Terra, Files, Work, and Sensehawk App makes it easier by leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Drone technology to provide unprecedented visibility to your construction site and enable you to
manage construction effectively through an easy-to-use web interface. Our solutions enable you to:
● Visualize site status clearly with high-resolution orthomosaic maps
● Detect important features automatically with AI algorithms
● Measure quantities, alignment, levels, and dimensions with high accuracy
● Access critical documents on-site and off-site easily and intuitively using Files
● Use App to view the sitemap on a mobile device, access documents in the field, fill out
checklists and punch lists, and much more
● Create work orders from the field using Tasks
● Collaborate with multiple stakeholders working on the site with a single version of the truth
● Generate as-built vs. design comparison as a record of reference for contracts as well as
E. Lender & Insurance Provider
Conduct quick diligence on solar assets
Conducting diligence of solar assets can be daunting - drones can deliver high-quality physical asset diligence with a short turnaround time. SenseHawk applications Terra, Therm, Work, and Sensehawk App help ensure rapid on and off-site diligence, combined with analytics and reporting. Our solutions enable you to:
● Get accurate as-built and current state of the plant with a high-resolution visual scan
● Accurately confirm DC capacity with ML-based image analytics
● Conduct thermal scans and analytics to detect PID and other panel health issues
● Assess post-construction contours and related drainage/hydrology characteristics
To log in, you need the URL and your user credentials.
- Enter this URL in your browser: https://app.sensehawk.com/
- Enter your ID and password to log in.
The landing page will display all your assets.
FIGURE 1: THE HOMEPAGE
SenseHawk Mobile App
The mobile app can be downloaded with the below QR code. Alternatively, click on this link for android devices, or this link for iOS devices, to download the app.
FIGURE 1: MOBILE APP QR CODE
Introduction To SenseHawk Therm
SenseHawk Therm uses thermal imagery to assess the health of solar sites. Therm’s visual AI algorithm has been perfected to identify and classify over 20 types of defects on thermal maps. Therm's tight integration with SenseHawk’s Work productivity suite ensures quick remediation of defects on the ﬁeld, using mobile-based task management tools.
FIGURE 2: SENSEHAWK THERM IDENTIFIES AND CLASSIFIES OVER 20 DEFECT TYPES ON THE THERMAL MAP
FIGURE 3: DEFECT REMEDIATION IS INTEGRATED INTO SENSEHAWK WORK'S TASK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: CREATE CUSTOM CHECKLISTS, ASSIGN FIELD TEAMS, AND SCHEDULE REMEDIATION BASED ON SEVERITY TYPE
FIGURE 4: DEFECT REMEDIATION BECOMES SIMPLE ON THE SENSEHAWK MOBILE APPLICATION. TEAMS CAN NAVIGATE DIRECTLY TO DEFECT LOCATIONS AND ADDRESS CHECKLISTS ON THE MAP
Key Concepts & Methodology
Figure 5 summarizes the process involved in setting up data and defect remediation using Therm.
- SenseHawk Therm User Interface
SenseHawk Therm User Interface
The thermal map is the drone-acquired thermal imagery.
Defects in the solar array are identiﬁed by Therm’s visual AI algorithm and classified into speciﬁc defect types. Some common defect types are Bypass Diode Active, Hotspot, Module Hot, etc. The identiﬁed defects can be viewed on the Map page or separately tracked on the Defects page.
Filters help to quickly narrow down the data displayed to only those records you care about. The set ﬁlter will apply to all the pages on the Therm v2.0 page. Some of the options in the ﬁlters are:
- Assignee & Created By
- Due Date
- Temperature Difference
This filter indicates the task's status. Based on the progress, the status can be changed within a task.
Use this option to ﬁlter out defects based on the priority you set for defects or tasks. The priority can be set based on your requirement. Speciﬁc defects can be set as a higher priority.
Assignee & Created By
The Assignee is the user responsible for a particular task. Each task or defect in the system can have an assignee accountable for its resolution. The assignee can be selected in the 'Filter' settings to ﬁlter out the assignee’s tasks.
Apart from the auto-detected defects, the system also allows you to create tasks. The 'Created By' filter identifies the user who creates a task manually.
Each task can have a due date set. The tasks can be ﬁltered based on the due date.
Tags are a practical way to segregate tasks. In tasks, you can use existing tags or create new tags on the go. Tags can be used in the 'Filters' to ﬁlter out speciﬁc tasks.
The temperature difference ﬁlter helps to easily filter out defects based on temperature. Just drag and set to a speciﬁc temperature between 0 – 100 and ﬁlter out the defects list.
All the thermal issues are color-coded. The color legend/explanation and the summary of defect types are available in the left-hand column. You can select/deselect the issues you want to view on the map.
Visual Map layouts
The visual map and the AutoCAD layer can be viewed by clicking on the icon from the right top of the map. The available options are CAD Layout, Visual Layout, and Thermal Layout.
Tasks can be created manually on the map view using the Add Task marker tool. The task can have an assignee, due date, status, etc. The manually created task will also have geo-location details, making it easy for field personnel to locate the task on the site.
- SenseHawk Therm User Guide
- Mobile Application To Remediate Defects
- Therm Reports Samples
SenseHawk Therm User Guide
Product Video Guide
1. Log in to https://app.sensehawk.com/ using your credentials
2. On the organization Home page, click on the desired asset
FIGURE 6: PORTFOLIO OF ASSETS
3. Select the Scan Date and the Inverter number(s) you want to view on the map. Thermal maps and defects will be visible on the map.
FIGURE 7: THE ENTIRE MAP IS BROKEN DOWN BY INVERTERS
4. The thermal issues are color coded. The color legend/explanation and the summary of defect types are available in the left-hand column. You can select/deselect the issues you want to view on the map.
FIGURE 8: DEFECTS CLASSIFICATION
5. The visual map and the AutoCAD layer (if available) can be viewed by clicking on the icon on the right top of the map.
FIGURE 9: VISUAL MAP, AutoCAD, AND THERMAL MAP LAYERS
6. The PDF or CSV ﬁle of the identified defects for the selected inverter blocks can be downloaded using the option at the bottom left-hand column. Any filter you set will reflect in the data file that you download.
FIGURE 10: PDF OR CSV FORMAT OF DEFECT LIST
7. All the defects identiﬁed are automatically listed as tasks on the right-hand side of the screen. Clicking on any task will redirect the user to the defect location on the map. In the Details tab [FIGURE 10(B)] of the task, the string number attached to the defect is visible (This string number can be correlated with the SCADA system). The task, location, temperature difference, ticket status, and assignee can be added/updated.
Raw images from the drone scans can be viewed/downloaded in the Attachments tab [FIGURE 10(C)].
Clicking on View Details [FIGURE 10(D)] will expand the task, and you can perform further actions, such as adding an assignee, adding a task list, attachments, etc.
FIGURE 10(A): DEFECT LIST
FIGURE 10(B): TASK DETAILS/ ATTACHMENTS
FIGURE 10(C): ATTACHMENTS TAB
FIGURE 10(D): TASK DETAILS
Mobile Application To Remediate Defects
1. To install the application on your mobile device, please follow the below.
FIGURE 11: MOBILE APP QR CODE
2. On the assets page, click on the desired asset (FIGURE 11). Under the Therm section, find the plant details such as Total Capacity, #issues, and Affected Capacity. Click to open the Thermal map view.
FIGURE 12: ASSETS PAGE
3. The site map will open to the chosen area and show the identified detects. Click on the gear icon to show or hide the defects on the map. Click on the layer icon to choose more inverter blocks. Under the 'Issues' section, select/deselect the issue type.
FIGURE 13(a): DEFECTS ON MAP/FILTERS
FIGURE 13(b): LAYERS
4. Click on the offline icon (FIGURE 13) to work on the app in offline mode or in areas where the network coverage is patchy. To sync all activities (including checklists and photographs attached to tasks), click on the same icon when you have connectivity.
FIGURE 14: OFFLINE MODE
5. To add a task on the map, click on the defect location and then click on create task icon (FIGURE 14).
FIGURE 15: CREATE TASK
6. Your location will be a Blue dot on the screen. Navigate to an existing task and click on it to see the task details.
FIGURE 16: NAVIGATING TO A TASK ON THE FIELD
7. To view the task description, click on a defect. Here, you can add users, set status and priority, add teams, and more.
To add a checklist or view an existing one, click on the 'Checklist' within a task.
FIGURE 17: TASK DESCRIPTION AND CHECKLIST
8. Click on the checklist items to update the progress. Attach relevant images/documents add subtasks, notes, etc., to individual tasks by clicking on the options menu.
FIGURE 18: CHECKLIST
9. Use the 'Attach files' option from the drop-down menu to attach photographs and files to a checklist. The 'Conversations' tab will show all task activity, and users in the task can add comments and chat with other team members.
FIGURE 19: ATTACHMENTS AND CONVERSATIONS
10. The 'Tasks' tab gives you the list of assigned tasks. Clicking on a task will show task details, similar to FIGURE 10(D).
FIGURE 20: TASKS DASHBOARD
Therm Reports Samples
1. Aerial Thermography Report
2. Thermal Inspection Report
3. Thermography Summary Report